Day 51

It’s Chinese New Year and I’m out here instead of home. Slept at some random “pondok” I found in Danga Bay. Woke up in the middle of sleeping to change sleeping location as half way during my sleep, some random person popped out of nowhere sitting nearby me. For safety reasons, better to stay away from suspicious characters like that. Continued sleeping at the main stage after looking around.

Woke up late. After-effect of not sleeping one night. Took a bus to JB city centre back and performed normal morning practices by bumming into public facilities. How inconvenient.

For some reason, my memory is kinda hazy about what I did. Probably because of lack of sleep or that I didn’t really planned my route and simply bummed into places. I’ll just write what I remember nevertheless.

One of my ‘main event’ for the day was visiting one of the oldest Chinese temple in JB. As it’s the first day of Chinese New Year, many people went to the temple to pray. The traffic jam was bad and the RELA team helped to control the traffic. One of the thing I dislike seeing was how many people were gathering at the front entrance of the temple to receive donation from people visiting the temple. Can’t they look for other alternatives to look for money in a better manner? Gosh….

Temple were congested with Chinese. All sorts of ‘mini events’ were going on. It was worth visiting just to feel the Chinese New Year atmosphere. Being there reminded me that I should be at my hometown relaxing and enjoying Chinese New Year and not out in a place with no company at all. Nonetheless, this trip will reward me greatly.

After a little chatting and looking around, went lunch and headed to my next destination: ZON JB, a place with duty free complex. Walking there was mentally-tiring. The roads were crazy in JB. On a different level than other cities such as Ipoh, Alor Star, etc. Probably because of Singapore located nearby.

Passed by some beach at Tanjung Puteri before reaching ZON JB. It was nice as usual. The waves are slightly different probably because it’s a “tanjung”. Walked a little and bought cheap biscuits at ZON JB. Took bus back JB city centre. Some events happened and later, ended up at a church looking for a place to sleep. More things happened with the guard and some people at church and now ended up in a new made friend’s house. Really glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment