Day 49 & 50

Since I didn’t sleep for a night, I thought I should just write both days events under one entry.

Was working whole night and morning at the fruit store; that’s why I didn’t sleep at all. Started day 49 by working at the fruit store as usual. My performance got better as my feet doesn’t hurt that much after eating the medicine I received. With the assistance of my first aid kit and socks, I was able to help out at the store. Guess the money for the medicine was worth it afterall.

Worked till midnight and wanted to stop. However, I continued till later morning. Just feel like helping out as they needed extra helping hands and the Bangladesh workers are not sleeping at all because the boss said so (labour abuse). So I just worked with the ‘Bangladeshis’ and not sleep together. However, I took off early to return to the temporary home to pack my bag and leave.

Said farewell to everyone again as usual and received some cash as a form of salary. Initially, boss wanted to give me more. But, I rejected it as I only asked for sufficient money for new slipper and bus ticket. So I received less in the end because of my stupidity (that’s how many perceived it haha).

Left quite late because of certain incidents and taking care of my feet is another issue. I left anyway and went back to the fruit store to visit boss’s mom as requested by her. Received ang pao from her and as I suspected, she used ang pao as an excuse to give me more money. Found out only after I took the bus.

Took a bus to Johor Bahru after hanging around in Muar looking for some things. Took the opportunity to sleep. Reached some bus station that I’ve forgotten the name of the place and took another bus to Johor Bahru’s “pusat bandar”. Before that, I managed to get myself a new slipper at the bus terminal. Haven’t dispose the old one yet.

Johor Bahru town is nice. Hanged around here and there. Too lazy to describe further. Walked to Danga Bay. A difficult walk mainly because of sleep-deprived mode. It’s raining again.

Danga Bay is nice. Celebrated Chinese New Year Eve alone by eating expensively. Some luxury for myself. Quite fond of fireworks but too lazy and tired to move to a better spot for viewing. Haven’t figure out where to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment