Day 46

A crazy day, literally. All the good and bad things happened in such a short duration.

As usual, woke up, morning routine, and went breakfast. Spent my last RM1 on nasi lemak which was a satisfying meal as the “Mak Ciks” allowed me to add “sambal” and rice. Food is really cheap; RM1 for nasi lemak.

Started my walk again and this time to Muar. In the beginning, met a group of young scouts on an expedition. However, couldn’t communicate due to language barrier. I actually walked all the way to Muar from Tangkak which is really far. Plus, I don’t know what’s wrong with me that I actually intentionally (one way or another) missed an opportunity to get a free ride. Nevertheless, although I could’ve done better at many things, what I did turns out to be an experience as well so I shall just accept it.

Passed by several towns and villages on the way to Muar. The ones I remembered are Bukit Kangkar, Sungai Mati, Pekan Rawang, Parit Bunga, and Tanjung Agas. Not sure if I actually miss out any. Came to the conclusion that most towns in Johor is really big because the size of the state is big. Till now, all the towns and villages I visited in Johor are just huge.

Had lunch by asking for free food again at Pekan Rawang. My second time so far. Received more than I asked. Some people are just too nice sometimes.

Area around Muar town is interesting especially the bridge and Tanjung Agas. Muar town itself is even more interesting. But the almost-whole day rain spoiled it.

Somehow ended up in Chinese stalls area and had many funny and crazy experience. Will just try to sum up everything.

Food doesn’t seemed to be a problem as many are willing to give food for free. Finding a job isn’t that easy but ended up working at some quite major fruit stall. Experienced and learned a lot through this work. Accommodation was a problem despite everyone’s kindness. They are nice but in other aspects, they seemed a little…. irresponsible? Don’t know how to describe it anymore. Ended up in some Bangladeshi home after a long time. The place seems decent. At least I got to bathe after four days of not doing so. Still stuck here for various reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment