Day 41

Learning bout this family’s weekdays daily routine.

Woke up early, washed up, and breakfast. The young ones will get ready for school. After breakfast, they will head over to school whereas the old ones will return to sleep.

Later in the morning, I believe the father goes to work and the mother starts with house chores. Didn’t wait long enough to find out. I, myself went out to walk around Melaka town again.

Couldn’t find work as usual. The only thing I gained from all the walking I’ve done is probably being more familiar with the buildings and roads. Was hungry too.

Went back to Chetty ‘home’ and waited for lunch as I was really hungry. This is when I realized so many things. I am such an ignorant, naive, and selfish fool. Can’t believe I learnt that about myself so late. This family is barely surviving financially and here I am ‘leeching’ off them. Need to be more aware with these kind of things.

Tried looking for work again after lunch till evening. No result. Melaka is developed enough to be a city afterall. And city tend to be more difficult to find people that trust strangers like me.

In the end, decided to support myself with what I have now. I shall only take the opportunity to rest and recover my fitness.

Just a random note that I forgot to write down previously: Slippers spoilt when I was in Seremban before leaving to Port Dickson. So it’s been inconvenient for me at times.

Rained in Melaka for a short while before I headed back to Chetti home. It’s been hot for awhile.

Went back Chetti home and everything proceeded as usual. I shall start my visiting like previously tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment