Day 40

Finally, things are better now. Woke up and after getting ready, waited for quite some time for the Malay Datuk and had to contact him in the end. He came, picked me up, gave me money for breakfast, dropped me at a restaurant. From the way things are going, I simply decided to not trouble him anymore and be on my own again.

So I had my breakfast and it’s the same food and place I had my lunch at one time. Haha memories.

Walked back to tourism spot area and went up St. Paul’s hill just for fun. Some things changed, some didn’t. At least, the musician is missing, that’s for sure.

Went down the hill and into the tourism information centre again. Asked for directions to Kampung Chetti and wanna try my luck there. About the same distance as walking to Kampung Portugis, but different direction.

Walked again and passed by the museum. It’s opened this time. Walked back the route I remembered and tried to get to the same house I’ve been to before. Found it, tried my luck, was asked to look for the father at the museum instead. Followed this boy to museum and became friends after talking bout past experiences haha.

Reached museum, chatted and waited, met Mr. Aru – the father, explained my situation and was allowed to stay at his place. Was brought back to the house and hanged around.

Really nice family. Not doing very well financially, but, still surviving. Learnt a little about Chetti race and some other stuffs. This young boy, the second child in the family, seems to have a real passion for scouting. All in all, really thankful that I met them.

Went out in the evening to look around while searching for a job. Couldn’t find any job as usual because nobody wants to hire temporary worker. Getting more familiar with Melaka town including the ‘modernized’ side of Melaka. Took a walk at Jonkers Street and experienced the ‘pre-busy’ state of the street.

Went back to Chetti home and was treated as part of the family. The usual course of events. A decent family.

Now that I’ve solve some issues in the short run, I need to start focusing on recovering back to my previous state in many ways. I know I’m gonna learn a lot this coming few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment