Day 33

Perak is too big for me to visit all places. Can only visit some.

Visited cave temples the whole day. Started the day by experiencing practices of a certain religion. Don’t know how to comment bout it. Guess different groups have different norms and beliefs.

Proceeded over to Sam Poh Tong cave/temple. Not only did I visited Sam Poh Tong, there were Ling Sen Tong and Nam Thean Tong as well. Perak has too many hills and caves that the locals strategically turned them into temples.

All the temples were fine. Was being treated as if I’m some weird animal most of the time because of my different appearance.

Headed over to Kek Look Tong next. Half way walking, got a free car ride when asking directions.

Kek Look Tong was simply fabulous. No wonder this temple won some best landscape award thing. It was really a nice place to visit. A place which combines the element of religion and nature.

Walked all the way back to Ipoh town. Actually, what happened was I walked half way and stopped by Medan Gopeng terminal bus. Decided to take a bus to Lumut as I’ve spent enough time at Ipoh. Plus, I wanted to visit my NS camp.

Broke a small promise I’ve made in order to get out of Ipoh. What’s done is done. Lets focus ahead.

Reached Lumut bus station and asked for directions to Kem Teluk Rubiah. Almost forgot… during the bus ride, found out that there are actually more cave temples beyond Sam Poh Tong. Didn’t expect that. Nevertheless, visiting Kek Look Tong has given me enough satisfaction.

The bus station I arrived at is called Sri Manjung bus station. A little confusing things regarding geographical area and zone in Perak.

Well anyway, walked few kilometres to the camp with excitement. Certain things have changed. People saw me and I saw people along the way. Reached the camp and met back the teachers. Nostalgic. Sleeping at the camp.

Actually, I’m writing today’s journal few days later. You will find out why soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment