Day 27

Today was another difficult day. Nevertheless, I believe these experiences come with a reward in the end.

Left the bakery store after saying farewell to all relevant people. Had no breakfast and simply walked all the way. Took a ferry to Butterworth and luckily, it was free. Only travelling to Penang from Butterworth costs you.

Enjoyed the ferry trip. Arrived at Butterworth and walked all the way to Jalan Raja Uda and found Nine Emperior Temple (I believe that’s the name). The walk was tiring as I didn’t eat anything since lunch yesterday. Skipped lunch too today.

The temple was good. Along the way to the temple, saw many Chinese decorations stretching across the entire street. Even the temple was undergoing Chinese New Year decorations when I visited. Guess people at mainland Penang are already in Chinese New Year mood.

Walked again to Bukit Mertajam. The walk was really tiring and tedious. Plus, I wasn’t in my greatest condition as I was hungry. Kept drinking water. Along the way, many restaurants and stalls tempted me with their food. In fact, at Penang itself was bad enough especially when it’s known as “food paradise” in Malaysia.

Nevertheless, gone through the tough stage and reached Bukit Mertajam (acronym = BM). Mr. Pos Laju treated me to food. Another ‘Mak Cik’ has been helping me a lot and will continue to do so soon.

Learnt about hunger today. And as I’ve known before this, looking for a temporary job for somebody like me is difficult. Found none despite travelling for almost a month already.

Starting to get use to getting ‘belanja-ed’ by people. Nonetheless, will still try to not accept money. Food are needed as job is difficult.

Didn’t write about my ‘nature conquering’ record anymore. Couldn’t be bothered haha. Too many events happened.

My journal is lousy haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment