Day 60

My current mood (when writing this) is obstructing me from describing my 60th day properly.

Woke up early as usual like an early bird. Wash up and by the time I’m done, the “Pak Cik”’s wife woke up already. Had breakfast with the Switzerland wife and chatted for quite long. Really an interesting family.

Waited for “Pak Cik” to wake up and drove me to town for me to settle some business before sending me to bus station. Took a bus to Ulu Bendol to complete my final mount climbing for this trip. Reached and obtained permission from the forest ranger.

1135 – Started jungle trekking along the Mount Angsi climbing trail
1220 – Reached Kem Tangga Batu area
1235 – Reached Fasa 2A signboard (if I’m not wrong)
1245 – Reached “Lazy Log 1” and “1 hour to summit” signboard
?? – Reached “17 minutes to summit” signboard
1335 – Reached the summit of Mount Angsi: 825 metres
Hanged out with new-made friends
1535 – Started walking down the mount
1815 – Reached foothill.

Mount Angsi trail is really challenging. The first time I feel so exhausted after reaching the summit. Passed by many people going down the mount along the way. Made new friends from Selangor/KL area. It rained when we were chilling around at the summit and on the way down. All in all, a satisfying climbing experience.

Met an uncle who stays at Kuala Pilah and willing to take me to his house and rest for a night. Another interesting and funny person. Ate and hanged out at a food stall at Ulu Bendol before following the uncle to his place.

Reached Kuala Pilah and cleaned myself after getting dirty at the mount. Then followed the uncle for ‘tea session’ before returning to rest.

Generally, a nice day. I have been getting really lucky recently that it’s starting to feel weird. Things seem to have been going pretty well for me towards the end of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment