Day 54

A memorable day worth remembering. Although there are some not so nice things that happened as well, it’s still a great day.

Left Kampung Nelayan Air Masin and Kukup to head over to Tanjung Piai. Passed by Serkat on the way, another small village in Johor like Kukup. Few kilometres before reaching Tanjung Piai National Park, a “Pak Cik” gave me a motorcycle ride there.

Tanjung Piai National Park deserves its title as a National Park. Really nice and well-maintained. My student ID helped me in paying less for entrance fee; glad I brought it along. Walked around, looked around, hanged around with the staff, and chatted around with other visitors. Finally, reached the southernmost tip of mainland Asia:
Time: 1234 hours (no joke, seriously), Date: 6 February 2011, Sunday

Time to end my travel after so long. As quoted at the monument in Tanjung Piai: “Veni, Vidi, Vici; I came, I saw, I conquered” (if I remember correctly). Two of the quotes I remembered pretty well along the walking trail was “Success is not a destination, but a journey” and “You can’t change others, but, if we change ourselves, we may change the world.”

Walking to and back from the southernmost tip monument was ‘challenging’. I hanged around too long that the water level rises so high and the waves actually ‘drowned’ the pathway. Made my shoes and socks all wet. Also had a ‘war’ with monkeys at the entrance on my way back. They saw my biscuits and grabbed the plastic bag but I managed to stop it from taking the biscuits away. Then it was ‘patience contest’ in which we stared at each other and it was 3 on 1. Had help from staff and managed to secure my biscuits.

Had a free “bas pekerja” ride on my way out all the way to 5 km before Pontian Kechil in which I walked there later. As said before, typical big Johor town. Foolishly took a bus back to JB and then KTM to Kluang. Kluang is another big town.

Passed by an Indian wedding and ate for free after asking. How lucky. Helped to clean up and experienced the night life of Kluang when looking for bus station. Chinese community here seems to be dominating Johor towns.

Had a few little incidents at Kluang bus station. Sleeping here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment